The 2018 Formula One season is just around the corner and there is plenty at stake beyond the drivers' and constructors' titles.
While Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes are heavy favourites for those respective honours, personal milestones will be reached and records broken across the grid over the course of the campaign.
So here, with the help of Opta, we bring you 10 fascinating facts to get you ready for the season opener in Melbourne next weekend.
- There are 21 races on the 2018 calendar, the most ever in an F1 season.
- Lewis Hamilton has been on pole position in 23 of the 26 different grands prix he has raced at in his F1 career, only missing out in Turkey, India and France.
- If Mercedes win the constructors' championship this season it will be their fifth title in a row; only Ferrari have won more consecutive titles (six, 1999 to 2004).
- Ferrari have been runners-up in the constructors' championship (17) more often than they have won it (16).
- Sebastian Vettel is only one podium away from his 100th in Formula One and is just four wins away from equalling Alain Prost (51) in third place on the all-time list of most race victories.
- Fernando Alonso (world champion in 2005 and 2006) and Kimi Raikkonen (2007) are enduring their worst winless streaks in F1. The Spaniard has gone 89 races and the Finn 94 without a win. The longest gap between race wins is 99 (Riccardo Patrese).
- Alonso is nine races away from 300 in F1, while Sebastian Vettel is two away from 200 and Valtteri Bottas needs three to reach 100.
- If Alonso starts 17 races this season, he will move into second spot on the all-time list of most F1 starts, overtaking Michael Schumacher (307) and Jenson Button (306) and only behind Rubens Barrichello (323, Alonso currently on 291).
- McLaren are the team with the second-most races (821) to their name, while Renault are the engine suppliers with the second-most races (598) to theirs.
- No driver in F1 history has driven more races without reaching the podium than Nico Hulkenberg (135).
|Super Bowl champions Eagles planning White House visit|
|Swap spaghetti for burgers? Di Francesco not considering Premier League move|
|Allardyce hits back at style critics after scrappy Everton win|
|Nothing to prove - Cahill bullish after Chelsea revival|
|Rybarikova sets up Halep clash in Stuttgart|
|Everton 1 Newcastle United 0: Walcott scuppers Benitez´s century celebrations|
|Everton debut ´virtual mascot´ before Newcastle clash|
|Karlovic wins battle of ATP Tour veterans in Barcelona|
|Salah? I can count on Cengiz Under – Di Francesco|
|Robertson ready for Crucible challenge after being ´hamstrung´ by off-table issues|
|Kings XI hold on for dramatic victory against Daredevils|
|´Shameful´ Bolivian side forfeit match at 7-0 down after fielding youth team|
|Henderson fired up for ´fantastic´ De Rossi battle|
|Klopp urges Liverpool fans to ´show respect´ to Roma|
|Juventus confirm muscle tear for Chiellini|
|Klopp key to surprising Salah success – Totti|
|Hartley to miss South Africa tour with concussion|
|Salah´s PFA award made more special by De Bruyne form – Klopp|
|Liverpool have earned the right to be feared, says Gerrard|
|Arsenal confirm ankle ligament damage for Elneny|
|Cubs´ Kris Bryant ´as good as can be expected´ after being hit with 96 mph fastball|
|Hector pledges future to struggling Cologne|
|´Crazy´ fans can help Roma knock out Liverpool, says Voller|
|Sharapova not short on desire despite struggles|
|South Africa to test unbeaten home record vs Pakistan & Sri Lanka|
|Kerr: Ginobili should keep playing another two years|
|He keeps getting better and better - Henderson full of praise for PFA winner Salah|
|Roma v Liverpool: Giallorossi have chance to write positive headlines|
|Prove you are the best - Povetkin promoter lays down Joshua gauntlet|
|Wenger will not be short of offers from clubs - Dein|
|LeBron hails Korver & Clarkson as Cavs square series|
|I may play the kids in the FA Cup next season, reveals bemused Pochettino|
|Simeone weighing up three-man defence for Arsenal tie|
|Kings wait for Bogut signing approval|
|Vieira refuses to address Arsenal rumours and Wenger departure|
|Cueto lowers historic ERA in Giants´ win|
|Spurs avoid sweep, Cavs edge Pacers|
|WATCH: Smith beats first-quarter buzzer with near full-court shot|
|Harden, D´Antoni hope Rockets regain top form|
|Man United star Pogba can win Ballon d´Or, says Ronaldinho|
|Silva loves me more than his girlfriend – Mendy|
|MLS Review: Timbers end NYC´s unbeaten start, Sounders claim first win|
|Flyers´ Couturier played with torn MCL|
|Emery praises PSG for maintaining motivation|
|Cavs´ Hill out for game four with back spasms|
|Oblak unsure over Atletico Madrid future|
|Klopp ready for ´different´ Roma test|
|Salah always determined to prove his Premier League worth|
|Landry earns first PGA Tour victory at Texas Open|
|City´s Sane named PFA Young Player of the Year|
|Salah pips De Bruyne to PFA Players´ Player of the Year award|
|Napoli bus spat at and insulted, Sarri claims|
|Navas will be at Real Madrid for many years – Perez|
|Juve still have the advantage, Allegri claims|
|Racing coach Labit ready for ´formidable´ Leinster challenge|
|Smalling not giving up on World Cup|
|Hard to catch Man City if they invest, Mourinho warns|
|Pogba: I have no problem with Mourinho|
|Koulibaly: Napoli have always believed in Scudetto|
|Bordeaux 0 Paris Saint-Germain 1: Lo Celso keeps champions on track for records|
|Atletico Madrid 0 Real Betis 0: More concerns for Simeone ahead of Europa League|
|Juventus 0 Napoli 1: Partenopei close the gap thanks to Koulibaly|
|Dominant Marquez maintains perfect record in Austin|
|Guardiola has no problem with Manchester City pitch invasion|
|Neymar must join Real Madrid to become the best - Rivaldo|
|There was no player better than De Bruyne - Guardiola backs City man for PFA award|
|Top managers should want Arsenal job, says Moyes|
|Manchester City boss Guardiola aiming to smash records following title triumph|
|Las Palmas relegated from LaLiga after 4-0 home defeat to Alaves|
|Archer and Gowtham combine for dramatic Royals victory|