New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
|Spurs star Kane an obvious target for Real Madrid – Redknapp|
|I´m done - Gatland quits British and Irish Lions|
|Bosz and Dortmund eyeing much-needed victory as Schmelzer returns|
|Tiger Woods cleared to resume golf activities with no restrictions|
|Szczesny: I didn´t improve at Arsenal due to tactical gulf|
|Spurs coach Popovich calls Trump a ´soulless coward´|
|Bowman signs one-year deal with Raiders|
|Girardi says Yankees star Judge isn´t getting calls ´because he´s so tall´|
|Baldwin feared he could lose hand after lion bite|
|Pochettino wants ´10 or 15 years´ at Tottenham|
|Shakespeare hails Mahrez response after ´kick up the backside´|
|Packers QB Aaron Rodgers to undergo surgery on broken collarbone|
|NBA Eastern Conference Preview: Can Celtics´ bold moves unseat Cavs?|
|NBA Western Conference Preview: Everyone´s looking up at the Warriors|
|NBA Preview: Five rookies to watch in 2017|
|Cornet breezes past home hope Makarova in Moscow|
|Leicester City 1 West Brom 1: Mahrez cancels out Chadli magic|
|Hamsik not worried by Maradona record ahead of Man City clash|
|Joshua to fight Takam after Pulev pulls out injured|
|History for Babar as Pakistan see off Sri Lanka|
|Man City better than Real Madrid? Sarri daunted by Napoli´s Etihad assignment|
|Donaldson downed in Antwerp, Sela sees off Coric|
|Ashley puts Newcastle United put up for sale|
|Lovren accuses ´nervous´ Lukaku of deliberate kick during Manchester United draw|
|One small step for Ox... Klopp praise for under-fire midfielder|
|Klopp denies Liverpool have lost confidence|
|Manchester ready for goal rush as Spurs visit fortress Bernabeu - Champions League in Opta numbers|
|Packers are not done, but must be different with Hundley at helm|
|Police renew appeal for Stokes witnesses|
|Tottenham one of Europe´s best, claims Riedle|
|Watch: Barcelona mark Messi debut with footage of La Masia magic|
|Ronaldo has to win Ballon d´Or, says Isco|
|Guardiola not falling for De Laurentiis´ Napoli script change|
|Rhys Webb out in the cold as Wales scrap ´Gatland´s Law´|
|Button: I wasn´t to Hamilton´s taste as McLaren team-mate|
|Guardiola´s ´genius´ inspiring Sterling at Manchester City|
|He is a complete forward – Zidane an admirer of Kane|
|Bale could miss both Tottenham games, concedes Zidane|
|Wilder: Joshua doesn´t sound too confident|
|Guardiola takes pressure off De Bruyne amid Messi comparisons|
|Sarfraz: Sri Lanka should not have issue over Lahore T20|
|Napoli should rest stars against Manchester City - De Laurentiis|
|Switzerland, Italy, Croatia & Denmark seeded for World Cup play-offs|
|Kessler comeback delayed by Lyme disease|
|Kane takes Real Madrid interest ´very naturally´, says Pochettino|
|Packers coach McCarthy quiets free agent QB talk after Rodgers injury|
|Chelsea struggling to fight on several fronts, Conte concedes|
|Jiangsu Suning confident Capello not Italy-bound|
|Mo´unga called into All Blacks squad for Bledisloe Cup rubber|
|Dodgers take 2-0 NLCS lead over Cubs after walk-off win|
|High-profile injuries continue as Rodgers hurts collarbone|
|Pochettino: Madrid are not the Ronaldo team|
|Boateng considered Bayern exit|
|Nonsense! Critics won´t force Postecoglou out says Socceroos great Moore|
|MLS Review: Sounders, Timbers book play-off spots|
|Kaepernick files collusion grievance against NFL owners|
|Lukaku dismisses suggestions he is a flat-track bully|
|Milan will go along with Montella - Fassone backs boss after derby loss|
|Keselowski avoids Talladega carnage, wins on last-lap pass|
|Valencia win incredible nine-goal thriller at Betis|
|Spalletti hails Inter´s derby hero Icardi as complete striker|
|D´Ambrosio was clever - Milan boss Montella angry at Inter´s winning penalty|
|Tom Brady sets record for regular-season wins with controversial victory|
|Mandanda breaks Marseille appearance record|
|Inter hero Icardi ´holding on tight´ to derby hat-trick ball|
|Woods ´making progress´ with latest comeback|
|Pochettino watches you everywhere - Fonte|
|Attack proving best form of defence for Manchester City|
|If they think that, they will be stupid - Guardiola rules out City complacency pre-Napoli|
|Inter 3 AC Milan 2: Brilliant Icardi treble breaks Rossoneri hearts|