Sebastian Vettel will look to build on his Montreal triumph in the first French Grand Prix for a decade this weekend.
Vettel leads Lewis Hamilton by a solitary point in the driver standings after his third victory of the season at the Canadian Grand Prix.
Hamilton says he has no idea what to expect at Circuit Paul Ricard, a track which last stage an F1 race back in 1990 - Alain Prost winning his in his homeland.
If history is anything to go by, Ferrari can be optimistic of another victory, having secured pole and won each of the last three editions of the French Grand Prix at Magny Cours.
We look at the Opta numbers for the French Grand Prix.
- The French Grand Prix was one of seven circuits used in the first Formula One season remaining on the calendar until 2008 (excluding 1955). Only Italy (68), Great Britain (68), Monaco (64), Germany (62) and Belgium (62) have held more races than France (58).
- Pierre Gasly was not even born when the last F1 race took place at Paul Ricard circuit.
- Ferrari have secured pole and won the race at the last three French GPs (all at Magny Cours); the last race at Le Castellet also saw the Scuderia secure pole and the win.
- Renault have won the French GP more often (five times) than any other race, two of those victories coming at Paul Ricard (1982 and 1983).
- Daniel Ricciardo is one win away from equalling his best F1 season (three in 2014), he is also one fastest lap away from match his best campaign (four in 2016) and one pole position away from his best.
- Hamilton and Vettel have both been on pole position at 23 of the 26 different Grands Prix they have raced. If one of them takes pole at Paul Ricard they would become the driver at the front of the grid in the most different Grands Prix.
- Vettel secured his 50th win in the last race, one more win and he will equal Prost's tally of 51 wins. Only Michael Schumacher (91) and Hamilton (64) have more victories.
- Five of this season's seven fastest laps have been recorded by Red Bull (Ricciardo three and Max Verstappen two); they are just one shy from reaching their best record for a season since 2014.
|Mata starts for United as Chelsea boss Sarri selects Morata|
|Dovizioso prepared for another Marquez duel|
|Isco returns as Bale makes the bench for Real Madrid|
|Maddison feeling at home with Puel´s Foxes|
|Ruthless Australia beat Tonga in historic Test|
|Pep talks helped Mendy make the most of his time out of action|
|Wantaway Butler revels in boos|
|Emery: Arsenal must be calm with returning Koscielny|
|Sevilla don´t fear Messi or Barca – Kjaer|
|Conte, Zidane and the AC Milan contenders clouding Gattuso´s future|
|Koepka in control in South Korea, on track to become world number one|
|Dovizioso grabs pole at Motegi, Marquez sixth|
|Langer backs Marsh for ODI squad|
|Butler turns boos to MVP chants in Timberwolves´ first win|
|Brewers force game seven against Dodgers in NLCS|
|Guardiola admits Hart decision may have been a mistake|
|Vieira: Balotelli the same now as he was at 16|
|Butragueno backs under-fire Lopetegui|
|Liverpool´s defensive improvement has hurt attack – Klopp|
|Butler booed by Timberwolves fans during introductions|
|Pochettino: Dier´s Ramos tackle highlighted Spurs´ attitude|
|Man City working on new deal for Sane – Guardiola|
|Golden Knights sign RW Tuch to seven-year extension|
|Bryant explains how Lakers could beat Warriors|
|Finals hopefuls Isner, Fognini into Stockholm semis|
|Browns trade running back Hyde to Jaguars|
|Mourinho: I´d love to have Hazard at Manchester United|
|Hamilton´s title chances enhanced by Vettel´s grid penalty|
|Deja vu for Enisei as La Rochelle inflict another thrashing|
|Five-star Jovic makes Bundesliga history|
|Liverpool´s scoring slump no concern for cautious Klopp|
|He´s the Special One - Sarri insists he is not on Mourinho´s level yet|
|Second-half blitz guides Leicester to European success|
|Sheffield Wednesday 1 Middlesbrough 2: Besic, Assombalonga see off Owls|
|Goerges rallies to reach Luxembourg Open final, Jabeur makes history|
|Howe: Transfer speculation will not disrupt Ake|
|´Do we really want opera every night?´ - Klopp not changing Nations League view|
|Vile and abhorrent – Chelsea´s Carney responds to online abuse|
|Giants WR Beckham Jr. explains why he might cramp up: ´I really don´t like water´|
|Man City pay training-pitch tribute to Joe Hart|
|Neymar to be rested as Tuchel rubbishes Ballon d´Or concerns|
|Sarri ´not interested´ in Christensen father´s quit threat|
|Cardinals fire offensive coordinator McCoy after 1-6 start|
|Neymar return unlikely, but anything can happen – Valverde|
|Bairstow a doubt for fourth ODI|
|Manchester United fined for late arrival and delayed kick-off against Valencia|
|Australia-Pakistan chat not ´especially polite´ - Sarfraz|
|Pogba relishing ´pressure game´ against in-form Hazard|
|Don´t bet on Cardiff survival, warns Warnock|
|Buffon enjoying Tuchel´s methods at PSG|
|RIP to Wimbledon epics! Isner feels like The Undertaker following final-set tie-break rule|
|Sevilla performance sealed Bernat´s Bayern exit - Hoeness|
|Keita set to miss out as Liverpool monitor injured stars|
|He didn´t want to be here – Guardiola doubts Sancho will return to Manchester City|
|Sarri: Manchester United are the best in the Premier League|
|Mourinho salutes ´brave´ Shaw for ´best possible´ response to criticism|
|No Ballon d´Or distractions for Griezmann, insists Simeone|
|Wigan stand by Hardaker as full-back prepares to undergo rehabilitation|
|Barcelona deny Neymar talk|
|Hazard can win the Ballon d´Or as a Chelsea player, insists Sarri|
|De Bruyne in contention to start in Manchester City´s clash with Burnley|
|Neymar needs to mature to reach Messi levels - Xavi|
|We have a hell of a lot to do - Paine slams Australia batting|
|Kerber and Osaka to meet at WTA Finals|
|Lorenzo out of Japanese MotoGP|
|Real Madrid handed Africa trip in Copa del Rey|
|Allegri: Ronaldo has sharpened Juventus focus|
|No Wade in Wasps squad amid NFL reports|
|Rooney: Five of us controlled Man United dressing room|
|Bayern bosses launch scathing attack on ´disrespectful´ media|