The Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills are dealing with serious quarterback issues after blowout NFL losses on Sunday.
The Packers are sticking with Brett Hundley, not that head coach Mike McCarthy has much of a choice, while Bills coach Sean McDermott would not say if he would turn the offense back over to Tyrod Taylor after rookie Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions against the Los Angeles Chargers.
As the Packers and Bills try to sort out their respective issues, there is growing discontent in Denver after Broncos general manager John Elway called his team soft. After Sunday's 23-0 win over the Packers, the Baltimore Ravens defense has three shutouts this season but the players are hungry for more.
Packers safety HaHa Clinton-Dix accused the Ravens' Ryan Jensen of being a dirty player after the center injured Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Hundley on throwing three interceptions against the Ravens: "It sucks. Confidence-wise, I'll keep going with my head held high, but it sucks."
– McDermott on Buffalo's quarterback situation: "We are still evaluating the QB position and we'll take it one day at a time right now... One game is not going to define Nathan or Nathan's career. I'm confident in Nathan and his mental toughness... There are some plays Nate certainly wants back and some plays he made were pretty good. I get that those are hard to see."
– Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall on Elway's "soft" remark: "We definitely didn't take kindly to those remarks. I understand this is his team and he put it together, so his name is on it. But it's our skin in the game. Nobody is soft on this team. We work our arse off and we work hard."
– Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on getting a third shutout: "It doesn't mean s*** if we don't make the play-offs. It's good, but if we don't get in, you won't even remember it."
– Clinton-Dix on Jensen: "He's trash. He's a bad player. He doesn't play fair. This is a game that we all love to play and love to enjoy, and you never want to see a guy get hurt when you're playing overaggressive and doing things that you shouldn't be doing. It's uncalled for... I don't like him. He needs to tighten up on his play. Play ball. If you can't whup him regularly, don't cheap shot him. That's what that guy's been doing all year. I've been watching film of 66, and he's a dirty player."
– Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on the 37-9 loss to the Eagles: "I'll watch this a couple of times and forget about it. I would play tomorrow if I could."
– Rams offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth on losing to the Vikings: "It's frustrating, but the reality is, we needed adversity. It's not to say that we didn't need to come back and win that game, but when you're on the road in a really hard place to play, against one of the best defenses in the league, to play the kind of game we were in, and for this team to be in the game, I think it shows you that we're legit and we're the real deal. If we get this opportunity in the play-offs, and get a chance to get in, then we'll be prepared for it."
– Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills on linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill filling in for injured kicker Jake Elliott: "I knew he could kick. We call him 'the Flying Hawaiian.' He can do it all."
– Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the botched fake field goal before half-time of Monday's 34-31 loss to the Falcons: "It would have been a really good call if we made it."
|Simmons and ´stimulating´ 76ers in NBA Finals mix, says Longley|
|Falcons heap further misery on Giants|
|Vidic hails Ronaldo as ultimate professional ahead of Old Trafford return|
|Warriors´ Cousins nearing NBA return|
|Pogba can´t do the basics – Souness criticises Man United star|
|Messi absence big blow for Barca as Icardi talks up Inter|
|´You can´t cry, that´s true´ – Ronaldo responds to Isco|
|Bartomeu: Barca still competitive without Messi|
|Bills RB McCoy remains in concussion protocol|
|Raiders place Marshawn Lynch on IR|
|Emery calm over title talk after another Arsenal win|
|Green: Warriors have to clean up defensively|
|Mariners say Bolt talks ongoing amid reports contract offer was rejected|
|Proud captain Ozil revels in Arsenal´s ´sexy football´|
|Puel angry over Holding handball|
|Cilic breezes through in Basel, Anderson fights back|
|Ingram: Four-game ban better than we expected|
|Raiders send Cooper to Cowboys for first-round pick|
|Arsenal 3 Leicester City 1: Outstanding Ozil inspires comeback win|
|World Series 2018: Three reasons why the Dodgers will win|
|Yarmolenko out for six months after Achilles surgery|
|World Series 2018: Three reasons why the Red Sox will win|
|Ozil eclipses Klinsmann to become Premier League´s most prolific German|
|Allegri expecting Old Trafford battle against Mourinho´s United|
|Bertens feared she did not belong in Kerber clash|
|Returning Ronaldo expecting ´tough´ game against Manchester United|
|Cristiano Ronaldo confident of clearing his name amid rape allegation|
|Osaka looking to learn from losing start in Singapore|
|Kovac expects tough test against AEK Athens|
|Whyte gives Chisora deadline over rematch|
|Spartak Moscow sack Massimo Carrera|
|Atletico Madrid confirm fresh injury issue for Gimenez|
|Dolberg extends Ajax contract after Real Madrid links|
|Ronaldo an example for Lukaku to follow|
|Bertens battles back to blast past Kerber|
|Ramos apologises for training ground fracas|
|Raikkonen should take heed of Alonso misfortune as F1 career winds down|
|Guardiola wants Manchester City fans to push team to Champions League glory|
|Isco not interested in departed Ronaldo - he didn´t want to be here|
|World Series 2018: Three storylines to watch in Red Sox-Dodgers|
|Neymar focus bad for football - PSG´s Maxwell|
|Marco Ianni charged by FA over Jose Mourinho touchline row|
|Stephens sees off Osaka in see-saw Singapore battle|
|I´m happy at Manchester United - Mourinho dismisses Real Madrid reports|
|Semenya and Asher-Smith head IAAF Female World Athlete of the Year shortlist|
|Mandzukic to miss Manchester United trip|
|I turned down Manchester United to return to Juventus - Bonucci|
|Sanchez out of Manchester United´s clash with Juventus|
|Australia make Short work of run chase in T20 win|
|Brotherly g-love! Tommy Fury follows Tyson into the pros|
|Ozil´s international retirement can help Arsenal - Emery|
|If you sack Lopetegui, you have to sack us all – Isco|
|Lopetegui defiant amid Real Madrid sack reports|
|Sri Lanka spinner Herath to retire after Galle Test|
|Ronaldo returns for Old Trafford welcome amid disquieting noise|
|Garcia claims third Andalucia Valderrama Masters title|
|Ex-England international Waldrom retires|
|´Massive personality´ Hart can lift Burnley, says Kompany|
|Liverpool felt wrath of ´emotional´ Klopp, says Shaqiri|
|Reid: Jenkins capitalised on Kaepernick movement|
|Manchester United v Juventus: Ronaldo out to end dismal scoring record against Mourinho|
|Injured Ribery to miss Bayern´s clash with AEK|
|Wilshere would have stayed at Arsenal under Wenger|
|Mahomes stars again as Chiefs crush Bengals|
|Bolt must accept ´much less´ to join Mariners, says A-League chief|
|Klopp compares Liverpool to dog without favourite toy|
|Young leads Hawks to first win, Thunder fall in Westbrook´s return|
|Spalletti hits out at physical Milan – I had three players asking to be replaced|
|Cowboys, Ravens lose after missed kicks in final seconds|
|Hernangomez secures Nuggets´ win over Warriors with last-second block|