The Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills are dealing with serious quarterback issues after blowout NFL losses on Sunday.
The Packers are sticking with Brett Hundley, not that head coach Mike McCarthy has much of a choice, while Bills coach Sean McDermott would not say if he would turn the offense back over to Tyrod Taylor after rookie Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions against the Los Angeles Chargers.
As the Packers and Bills try to sort out their respective issues, there is growing discontent in Denver after Broncos general manager John Elway called his team soft. After Sunday's 23-0 win over the Packers, the Baltimore Ravens defense has three shutouts this season but the players are hungry for more.
Packers safety HaHa Clinton-Dix accused the Ravens' Ryan Jensen of being a dirty player after the center injured Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Hundley on throwing three interceptions against the Ravens: "It sucks. Confidence-wise, I'll keep going with my head held high, but it sucks."
– McDermott on Buffalo's quarterback situation: "We are still evaluating the QB position and we'll take it one day at a time right now... One game is not going to define Nathan or Nathan's career. I'm confident in Nathan and his mental toughness... There are some plays Nate certainly wants back and some plays he made were pretty good. I get that those are hard to see."
– Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall on Elway's "soft" remark: "We definitely didn't take kindly to those remarks. I understand this is his team and he put it together, so his name is on it. But it's our skin in the game. Nobody is soft on this team. We work our arse off and we work hard."
– Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on getting a third shutout: "It doesn't mean s*** if we don't make the play-offs. It's good, but if we don't get in, you won't even remember it."
– Clinton-Dix on Jensen: "He's trash. He's a bad player. He doesn't play fair. This is a game that we all love to play and love to enjoy, and you never want to see a guy get hurt when you're playing overaggressive and doing things that you shouldn't be doing. It's uncalled for... I don't like him. He needs to tighten up on his play. Play ball. If you can't whup him regularly, don't cheap shot him. That's what that guy's been doing all year. I've been watching film of 66, and he's a dirty player."
– Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on the 37-9 loss to the Eagles: "I'll watch this a couple of times and forget about it. I would play tomorrow if I could."
– Rams offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth on losing to the Vikings: "It's frustrating, but the reality is, we needed adversity. It's not to say that we didn't need to come back and win that game, but when you're on the road in a really hard place to play, against one of the best defenses in the league, to play the kind of game we were in, and for this team to be in the game, I think it shows you that we're legit and we're the real deal. If we get this opportunity in the play-offs, and get a chance to get in, then we'll be prepared for it."
– Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills on linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill filling in for injured kicker Jake Elliott: "I knew he could kick. We call him 'the Flying Hawaiian.' He can do it all."
– Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the botched fake field goal before half-time of Monday's 34-31 loss to the Falcons: "It would have been a really good call if we made it."
|My game is back - Spieth finds Open positives despite tough final round|
|Barcelona pay tribute to retiring Marquez|
|Blow for Thomas and Froome as Moscon is excluded|
|Woods earns WGC-Bridgestone Invitational place with rankings boost|
|Clay specialist Cecchinato lifts Croatia title on return to red dirt|
|Molinari´s safety-first masterclass yields deserved Open triumph|
|Alisson to link up with Liverpool at Evian training camp|
|Woods´ return no fluke, insists Spieth|
|Johnson shrugs off shoulder injury to win second 2018 title|
|The Open 2018 diary: Kane an able golfer, hats off to Hossler|
|Tiger and Serena will talk through Open disappointment|
|Molinari: It wasn´t about being ruthless to beat Woods|
|Tiger ´ticked off´ at missed Open opportunity|
|The Open 2018: Molinari triumphs - how a dramatic final round unfolded|
|McIlroy: Great to be back in the mix|
|Open victory will take a long time to sink in, says Molinari|
|Stoke sign McClean from West Brom for £5m|
|Masterful Molinari clinches sublime Open win after Spieth, Woods fall away|
|Germany´s Ozil retires from international football|
|Vikings OL coach Tony Sparano dies|
|BREAKING NEWS: Magical Molinari wins The Open|
|Dalic claims to be world´s second best coach|
|Twelve-try Wakefield batter Hull to send Rhinos into Qualifiers|
|Sevastova cruises to Bucharest title|
|Cort Nielsen sprints to first Tour stage win, Thomas maintains lead|
|Sarri needs support to deliver Chelsea success - Zola|
|Pjanic and Rugani in Juventus tour squad as Ronaldo and World Cup stars are rested|
|Eagle has McIlroy soaring into a five-way tie for the lead at Carnoustie|
|Vettel will not lose any sleep after Hockenheim mistake|
|I manifested my dream – Hamilton revels in Hockenheim win|
|Pakistan seal crushing series sweep of Zimbabwe|
|Furious Ozil accuses German media of turning country against him|
|Woods makes his move as Spieth and Schauffele wobble|
|Vettel crash sees Hamilton retake championship lead|
|RFEF confirms one-legged Supercopa de Espana in Tangier|
|Fognini downs Gasquet to clinch Swedish Open|
|Spieth and Tiger underway as Kisner falls back|
|Iniesta, Torres suffer defeats in their J.League debuts|
|Cornet ends title drought in Gstaad|
|Martial ´very focused´ at Manchester United - Herrera|
|Root, Williamson and Bairstow - hat-trick hero Clark flourishes in Roses battle|
|Sri Lanka spinning towards crushing series whitewash|
|Ozil explains controversial Erdogan meeting|
|It´ll be hard for Tuchel to get our players – Kovac expects Boateng stay|
|Fakhar Zaman fastest to 1,000 ODI runs|
|Neymar happy for World Cup winner Mbappe|
|I was born ready! - Bellew accepts Usyk challenge|
|Tuchel seeks Rabiot answers as Barca rumours persist|
|In-form Storm go top, Rampant Roosters thrash Manly|
|Bancroft discharged from hospital after taking blow to throat|
|MLS Review: Martinez breaks record as Atlanta march on|
|Brewers top Dodgers to snap seven-game losing streak|
|Munguia wins after 12-round marathon with Smith|
|Hart ready to leave City to revive career|
|Puel shuts down Schmeichel transfer speculation|
|Four-way tie at Barbasol Championship as Lincicombe misses cut|
|Lenglet happy not to face Messi|
|Tuchel keen to get PSG stars back after friendly defeat|
|Pulisic signing would interest Klopp|
|Whatever b******t you say, no one forgets – Klopp defends spending comments|
|Usyk outclasses Gassiev to make cruiserweight history|
|Pella books Cecchinato meeting in Umag, Ramanathan´s Newport run continues|
|Kisner expects nothing but exchange of ´horror stories´ with housemate Spieth|
|Inter new boy Lautaro Martinez denies Zenit in six-goal thriller|
|McIlroy eyeing early gains to apply scoreboard pressure|
|The Open 2018 diary: Spieth´s close shave|
|Salah is fully recovered and full of joy – Klopp|
|De Laurentiis accuses Sarri of trying to sign whole Napoli team|
|Lewis Hamilton explains German GP woes|
|O´Driscoll hails ´Test match animal´ Warburton|