Article

Price says he hasn´t thought about opting out of Red Sox contract

10 July 2018 00:49

Boston Red Sox pitcher David Price is focused on the present.

The 32-year-old starter can opt out of the seven-year, $217million contract he signed with Boston in December 2015 at the end of this season.

But, Price said he was not thinking about the future.

"I want to win, I want to win here and I want to win now," Price told MLB Network on Monday.

"We all know the amount of ability we have in this clubhouse ... I'm focused on winning right now. I haven't thought about opting out."

The five-time All-Star has been inconsistent during his time with the Red Sox and he has struggled recently. He allowed eight runs in 3.1 innings against the Yankees on July 1 and followed that by surrendering four runs in 4.2 innings in his last start against the Royals.

Price has registered a 9-6 record with a 4.44 ERA so far in 2018.

The Red Sox lead the American League East with a 62-29 record.

Latest news

21 November 2018

 13:10
 12:27
 12:13
 11:48
 10:47
 10:40
 10:17
 10:08
 09:45
 09:37
 08:48
 08:32
 06:33
 06:17
 05:47
 05:17
 04:09
 03:38
 03:36
 02:59
 02:11
 01:59
 01:24
 01:15
 00:58
 00:44
 00:42
 00:25
 00:23
 00:18
 00:03

20 November 2018

 23:53
 23:52
 23:52
 23:09
 22:49
 22:43
 22:38
 22:25
 21:57
 21:54
 21:08
 21:05
 20:57
 20:20
 20:00
 19:58
 19:33
 19:20
 19:18
 18:54
 18:45
 18:20
 18:18
 17:31
 17:22
 17:07
 17:01
 16:42
 16:38
 16:38
 16:26
 16:15
 15:49
 15:15
 14:38
 13:58
 13:55
 13:25
 13:13